Friday, August 9, 2013

FOUNDATIONS part 2

You and the Earth


There is a relationship between you and the earth that for the most part has
been forgotten. It is as if I had built a wooden platform or a deck in my backyard
so that my feet need never touch the dirt again. No matter how much I reside on my deck the dirt is not going away. I can forget about the dirt and its’ qualities for a long while but the dirt is not going away. Generations can be raised on that deck as long as it stands but the dirt is still not going away. If anything, a great disservice has been handed to the next generation because they know very little about how and why the deck was built...And the dirt is still not going away. And as generations upon the deck continue we know less and less about the dirt, the very foundation upon which the deck sits... Our society is that wooden platform... and that dirt upon which it stands is Our Earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment